Mend & Make Fabulous
Ombre—colors becoming progressively darker or lighter—is a popular color trend that can be seen all the way from the runway to the fashion blogs to the street. To get the look at home, whether you’re covering a color flaw or just adding interest to a garment, it’s easy to DIY dip dye. Dip dyeing is the process of dipping a specific area of fabric into the dye, rather than submerging the entire garment.
To prepare your garment for dip dyeing, wash it on its own in warm water to remove dirt, residue, and superficial stains.
© 2019 Denise Wild / Search Press · Reproduced with permission. · Photography by Madeleine Boardman, Kin Hai, and Shane Mahood.
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Dip Dye 19 Jul 07:05
- Sue W. favorited Dip Dye 09 Aug 17:23
- da k. favorited Dip Dye 01 Aug 06:01
- Meredith T. favorited Dip Dye 01 Jul 22:13
- Chaos favorited Dip Dye 01 Jun 11:57
- Alissa B. favorited Dip Dye 03 May 19:42
- dalekordancer favorited Dip Dye 24 Apr 04:48
- Search Press published her project Dip Dye 06 Feb 14:40