turn any sweatshirt pattern into a cute dinosaur hoodie
With a few felt triangle pieces placed in the right area of any hooded sweatshirt, your child can become a roaring dinosaur!
- 106691_2F2015-01-08-171757-Dinosaur+hoodie+spikes.pdf 61.2 KB [ Download ]
- Key West Witch favorited Dinosaur Hoodie 07 May 09:13
- olivoyle favorited Dinosaur Hoodie 29 May 11:13
- chelsea g. favorited Dinosaur Hoodie 27 Aug 06:32
- Abbey B. favorited Dinosaur Hoodie 15 Jul 10:00
- Brenda L. favorited Dinosaur Hoodie 19 Jun 16:34
- Tali S. added Dinosaur Hoodie to A 28 Apr 19:10
- Elisa C. published her project Dinosaur Hoodie 08 Jan 17:14
First choose a sweatshirt pattern. Any hooded sweatshirt pattern should work as long as it has a two piece hood (so the spikes will go down the center of the hood).
Once you have your pattern, you'll need to download and print the spike pattern. I've included four different sizes of spikes you can use and labeled the number of each I used for a size 3T hoodie. You can use more or fewer spikes and if you are making a bigger sized hoodie, just cut out a few more spikes.
The steps to sew on the spikes are simple:
Step 1: Place your two felt spike pieces wrong sides together and sew around two of the sides with a narrow seam allowance.
Step 2: Turn the spikes right side out and press them. Then place the spikes along one of your hood fabric pieces to get the spacing of the spikes the way you want.
Step 3: When you're happy with your spike placement, line up the raw edges of your spikes with the raw edge of the right side of a hood piece. Then you'll simply place the other hood piece right side down, sandwiching the spikes inside the hood. Sew along the hood pieces using the seam allowance noted in your pattern.