Make custom cork coasters with only a few supplies!
For coasters on a budget, make these diamond shaped cork coasters with a little paint.
- Katelyn T. favorited Diamond Cork Coasters 22 Aug 23:53
- lin d. favorited Diamond Cork Coasters 14 Jun 21:47
- Suzi T. favorited Diamond Cork Coasters 04 Jun 09:09
- Kay Bay favorited Diamond Cork Coasters 01 Jun 11:02
- Amalie added Diamond Cork Coasters to Home 31 May 16:35
- Holly W. published her project Diamond Cork Coasters 31 May 06:00
First, outline the diamond with a ruler and Sharpie (use a print-out as a stencil if it helps). You can also start out with a pencil if you're worried about making mistakes. Cut it out of the cork carefully. Cork tears easily, so trim down any odd edges as you go. You can also use an Exacto knife or something similar.
Once cut, use a ruler to ensure straight lines as you mark the rest of the diamond with a Sharpie. Paint the sides with black paint, and fill in the outlines of the diamond with paint or the Sharpie. Once dry, spray with a clear coat of spray paint to seal it, and they're safe to use after they've dried.