design fruit like a pro
This basic fruit design will show you how easy arranging can be. An apple- not styrofoam- is used to keep everything in place. The key is to crunch the kale into a tight ball at the start to ensure that only your pretty fruit display is visible after you're finished. For extra flare, dip the strawberries in chocolate first!
- place apple into cup then wedge 4-5 stalks of kale around it, stalk side down
- crunch kale down into a tight ball secure with cocktail skewers, pushing them in the kale and into the apple at a 45˚ angle to the table, leaving about an inch exposed. You will need 6 skewers evenly spaced around the rim and 4 skewers evenly spaced around the top
- add 10 more skewers, even interspaced between the ones already added and put a strawberry on each
- pierce 1 skewer straight into the top of the arrangement and attach the heart pineapple shape
- add 3 skewers, evenly spaced around the heart, stack 3 blueberries on each
- add strawberries as necessary to fill in the arrangement, very little kale should be showing at this point