Use fun fabrics to decorate plain towels.
I put together my own collection of coordinating Alice in Wonderland fabrics from Timeless Treasure Fabrics and used them to make a few fun projects.
I used small strips to decorate plain hand towels, it was a really fast project that was fun to make in an afternoon. These make a great gift, or would easily brighten up a guest bathroom.
I really enjoyed working with their fabrics, each was full of vibrant colors printed on quality cotton.
You can find a list of online retailers below.
- Key West Witch favorited Decorated Hand Towel 28 Jun 15:48
- Kimya J. favorited Decorated Hand Towel 06 Jun 01:16
- Crafterella featured Decorated Hand Towel 02 Dec 23:00
- Emma H. favorited Decorated Hand Towel 22 Nov 18:09
- Dawn B. favorited Decorated Hand Towel 22 Nov 15:09
- Pam published her project Decorated Hand Towel 22 Nov 09:00
For the main piece -
Cut pieces of fabric 4 inches wide and 1 inch wider than your towel.
Fold over and iron a half inch on each side.
For the trim piece-
Ruffle, I cut a 2 inch by 40 inch, then folded it in half long edge and ruffled it together with a running stitch.
Flat, I cut a 2 inch by (my towel length), folded it on half long edge and ironed it.
Prairie Points, Use 3 inch squares folded into triangles twice to make points, your can line them up edge to edge or overlap them like I did.