The hat that the lead singer was wearing!
When I first saw the video for Decode, by Paramore, I immediately became obsessed with the hat that the lead singer was wearing! I stared at video screen caps for a couple of days, than decided to cast on and try to make the hat! The first version was good, but I’ve since decided that it wasn’t quite as floppy as the one worn in the video. This new version is a little longer, causing a bit more slouch in the hat. It’s very comfortable, and very easy to knit! Those wanting to try an easy cable pattern will have a lot of fun with this hat!
I used 2 skeins of Jiffy Lion Brand in Violet. Any lighter bulky weight or heavier worsted weight should work.
*note- I didn't put the bobbles in specific places. I just scattered them throughout the hat, in the purl sections only.
The bobble stitch pattern is:
knit, purl, knit into 1 stitch
turn, purl 3
turn knit 3
turn purl 3
turn, pass st 2nd and 3rd over first st, then knit into the back of that st. Continue with purl sts.
- Harjot S. favorited Decode Hat 18 Aug 11:12
- Jerry M. favorited Decode Hat 17 Aug 10:25
- Carlsi M. favorited Decode Hat 29 Jul 05:21
- Jeff T. favorited Decode Hat 02 May 05:59
- Cory B. favorited Decode Hat 29 Mar 06:33
- cornelia.featherstone favorited Decode Hat 05 Mar 21:16
- RareJewel favorited Decode Hat 30 Nov 07:26
- Belle W. favorited Decode Hat 02 Jul 14:25
- Crafterella added Decode Hat to Hayley Williams 15 Jun 13:47
- CocaColeyCobra favorited Decode Hat 25 Jun 07:16
With Smaller circular needle CO 96 sts.
Join without twisting, and pm.
Work 2x4 rib for 4" (knit 4, purl 2)
Switch to larger circular needles
Next row: Purl 12, k6. repeat to end of round. At the same time, increase 12 sts evenly. 108 sts.
Rows 1-5: purl 12, k6 across
Row 6: purl 12, c6f, p12
Repeat those 6 rows, while working bobbles in on the purl sections until you have worked 7 cables.
Next row: purl 10, p2tog, k6, p2tog, p10.
Repeat this decrease pattern, decreasing 1 st before and after each cable, until you end on a row 6, switching to dpn's when necessary.
Next row: Knit 2 together, until 8 sts remain.
Cut yarn, leaving a 10"tail. Thread with tapestry needle, and run through live stitches, pulling taunt.
Weave in all lose ends.
Fold brim, rock out like Hayley Williams from Paramore!