Fathers Day Gift Idea- This is super easy to do and requires no cooking!
My dad is the kinda Dad thats pretty hard to buy for- he likes cycling- so he buys himself all the cycling gear he needs, He likes red wine, so he has a wine rack (with plently of red wine in it), He likes boats- so he bought himself a boat.
My basic point is- anything he wants, he tends to buy (the git). And theres only so many shirts from M&S and cycling biographies you can buy, so nowadays I tend to make him something. He loves Coconut Ice- so I made him a batch- and I made it blue instead of the traditional pink, so it's manly coconut ice.
- Sunnie favorited Dads Coconut Ice 18 Feb 03:07
- Greenie favorited Dads Coconut Ice 27 Nov 22:56
- Regan Douglas favorited Dads Coconut Ice 26 Nov 03:27
- Tisya favorited Dads Coconut Ice 15 Jul 02:36
- Kenny the kitty favorited Dads Coconut Ice 22 May 17:30
- Taylor Renae favorited Dads Coconut Ice 13 Jul 21:41
- evknits favorited Dads Coconut Ice 24 Jun 16:31
- Suzi T. favorited Dads Coconut Ice 20 Jun 19:25
Dad’s Coconut Ice Recipe
405g can Carnation Condensed Milk
300g desiccated coconut
350g icing sugar, sifted
½ tsp vanilla extract
4 drops of blue food dye
Line a 24cm square tin with greaseproof paper. Mix all the ingredients except the food dye with a wooden spoon until combined.
Spoon half of the mixture in the base of the tin and spread out evenly with the back of a spoon.
Add the food colouring to the remaining mixture and blend well until it is an even blue colour. Spread over the top of the first layer and smooth out.
Leave for 5 hours in a cool place (not the fridge).
Use a sharp knife to cut out your or cubes or letters if you prefer.
Leave overnight before gift wrapping or eating- this will dry it out and give it a more crumbly texture!