now you can finaly make a corset without all the complicated parts that still looks amazing!
so i've beern in constatnt search of a custom corset genoerator...and i finallyu stumbled upon one!!! I'll put the link at the bottom of the description here. it really is so easy! and anyone can make it with basic sewing skills! it really is under an hour to make, esp if you're a quick and skilled amature like me!
have fun! and post your versions!! :D
- Misty M. favorited Cute Corset That Anyone Can Make : ) 13 Sep 21:50
- Brittney S. added Cute Corset That Anyone Can Make : ) to Clothing 07 Jul 05:52
- Key West Witch added Cute Corset That Anyone Can Make : ) to Clothes Above the Waist 19 Mar 05:44
- Krystal W. favorited Cute Corset That Anyone Can Make : ) 18 Mar 15:48
- crossdressing favorited Cute Corset That Anyone Can Make : ) 02 Mar 12:47
- Tuesday P. added Cute Corset That Anyone Can Make : ) to Denim corset 02 May 04:41
- Corey M. favorited Cute Corset That Anyone Can Make : ) 19 Mar 22:12
- Rebecca Lea G. favorited Cute Corset That Anyone Can Make : ) 26 Feb 18:41
- Julia V. added Cute Corset That Anyone Can Make : ) to Sewing 26 Apr 09:48
- Alma v. added Cute Corset That Anyone Can Make : ) to Recycling T-shirts 21 Apr 23:26
after you draw out your pattern, lay it over your material. i did add darts for better fitting over the bust, which you dont have to do, but being jeans material it looked better, and helps it stay up by itself better too.
if you add the dart, do this last so you can put it on and experiment. measure about 4 1/2 inches and cut a straight dart. again, you're gonna have to experiment with the depth you cut it (i cut it two inches). bring one side over the other and sew it together.
for the most part, the seam allance is only about 1/2 inch in the back if you cut this pattern out without allowing them yourself. so keep in mind with whatever material you're using.!!
cut off the other pant leg and make the second piece. make sure you have the outsides in!! it's massively irritating to have a half-inside half-outside jeans look!! as with any fabric. and particularly cuz this is jeans, sew a double seam close together and about a 1/4 inch away from the edge.
to lace it i just left the ribbon on the roll and pulled it through so i wouldnt waste a bunch of ribbon. but if you have a better way go for it :)
start at the top on one side, then zig zag, lacing through every other loop. keep pulling it through, and when you reach the bottom, go through the last loop and zig zag back up. pull enough ribbon through the lacing so you can put it on over your head, cut it, and tighten it up just enough that it stays on snugly. you're gonna have to play with it to get it right, but yes....