Cute easily customisable bunnies for all your holiday needs!
This comes from an old idea my mother used to do, where she would make a simple blank calico doll and let me decorate her as I pleased. I'm no seamstress, but these are super fun to do and decorate with others. Please don't be put off by my knobly stitching. ;)
- Untitled-3.jpg 709 KB [ Download ]
- B B. favorited Cute Bunny Hanging Decorations 20 May 18:52
- olivoyle favorited Cute Bunny Hanging Decorations 10 Feb 18:10
- iscrafte added Cute Bunny Hanging Decorations to To do 23 Jan 13:39
- iscrafte added Cute Bunny Hanging Decorations to Inspiration 23 Jan 13:39
- iscrafte favorited Cute Bunny Hanging Decorations 23 Jan 13:39
- ale_corason favorited Cute Bunny Hanging Decorations 07 Jan 03:26
- Ninni commented on Cute Bunny Hanging Decorations 02 Jan 21:30
- Arkolina published their project Cute Bunny Hanging Decorations 16 Nov 21:20
Place two pieces of calico on top of eachother, using a simple template trace onto your fabric. The one I've included is a really rough guide, and should give you a hanging decoration about 3 1/2 inches from ear tip to toes.
I use calico because I have alot left over from other projects and it takes paint and colour well, but you can use old T-shirts, leggings, tea towels, whatever! :)
Turn the bunny inside out! Because they're so tiny I need blunted tweezers to help me pull the ears and legs through properly.
You can iron the empty bunny flat here if you like, it can make the next couple of steps easier but it's optional.
I then stuff gently with what I have to hand. Because they're small again, tweezers are your friend. It's best to put a little in at a time, it gives you more control of how your bunny is shaped.
You can also stuff after painting if you like, and is probably the better way to do it. ;)
You know have a blank bunny to decorate or give to someone else to decorate!
Using your fabric paint/pen/crayon start to decorate your bunny. I used a pin and fabric paint for the face to get those little details.
As these guys are unlikely to see water in their lifetime you could probably get away with using acrylic paint. Alternatively you could embroider them or whatever you can think of.
For the bodies you can either paint the little outfit like the face, or you can take some felt scraps to make little ponchos, dresses or bows to make each bunny individual or to suit your Christmas Tree/ Bedroom/ Baby Mobile or combine different techniques. Sew a loop of thread inbetween your bunny's ears. Or you could use a cute ribbon, and you're done!