Make your old shoes new again!
I really wanted new shoes- but the only shoes I like are Converse, and they get expensive. So, since I've been wanting to throw bleach on stuff all the time, I decided to use some old fake converse and bleach them. Then I figured, hey, why not customize them while I'm at it? And that is what I did.
- Crafterella added Customized Bleached Shoes to Kesha 10 Feb 21:51
- Tyler T. favorited Customized Bleached Shoes 07 Jul 02:26
- LasNiteWasGr8 favorited Customized Bleached Shoes 28 Jun 21:41
- Olivia H. added Customized Bleached Shoes to Hayley Williams 08 Jun 20:59
- Megan R. added Customized Bleached Shoes to New Projects 10 Apr 05:44
- Lauren W. added Customized Bleached Shoes to must make 05 Jan 15:19
- Annie A. commented on Customized Bleached Shoes 27 Oct 01:13
- Annie A. favorited Customized Bleached Shoes 27 Oct 01:12
- kaitlyn c. favorited Customized Bleached Shoes 27 Aug 23:15
- deryn S. favorited Customized Bleached Shoes 27 Jun 21:38
You will need:
-Darkly colored canvas shoes (I used fake converse)
-A mixture of 3/4 bleach, 1/4 water in a spray bottle
-Duct tape (optional. I've read that paper with spray adhesive also works, but both of these are optional.
Clean and unlace your shoes. Bleach stains dark colors best, so you need to make sure they're dark. I also bleached the laces separately in a cup full of water and a splash of bleach.
This step is optional. I used duct tape and an xacto blade to cut out "ELLIE" and tape it onto my shoe. I've read (but not tried) that you can also use paper cutouts, using a spray adhesive so it will stick and the bleach won't bleed through. You can do as many designs, shapes, patterns as you want, I just put my name.
Begin spraying! Using a mixture of 3/4 bleach and 1/4 water, spray bleach onto the shoes. Make sure you do this somewhere where nobody will mind the bleach- I used my bathroom sink. Also: I recommend wearing gloves. My hands still smell like bleach. You can also use a paintbrush to paint on the shoes or splatter the mixture onto them- whatever you'd like to do. Be creative!Keep spraying until you're satisfied.