Batman & Legend of Zelda throw pillows.
I would say this is more of a semi-DIY project, since we did not make the pillow covers themselves – we only personalized them. If you know how to sew, then by all means, DIY it! These are just standard 20″x20″ covers, which we grabbed at IKEA for $4 each. The inserts were another $3 each, but you can stuff them with whatever you want (we used to always stuff our new pillow covers with old pillows).
- Willa H. added Custom Geek Throw Pillows to For-Jessy 14 Oct 16:43
- Willa H. added Custom Geek Throw Pillows to To-Decor 14 Oct 16:43
- Asherah Arts (formerly Lee Rose) added Custom Geek Throw Pillows to arcade 21 Sep 01:35
- Nimh M. favorited Custom Geek Throw Pillows 08 Aug 16:41
- PixieFey added Custom Geek Throw Pillows to Big Bang Theory Room 19 May 12:38
- Kate H. favorited Custom Geek Throw Pillows 03 Mar 22:42
- Bronwyn T. added Custom Geek Throw Pillows to Home Decor 18 Feb 03:39
- Pimke added Custom Geek Throw Pillows to Upcycling 26 Jan 14:20
- Zelda M. favorited Custom Geek Throw Pillows 19 Jan 19:03
- Belle M. added Custom Geek Throw Pillows to ZUMFG YAUS 19 Jan 04:40
First, find what images you want to use for your pillow stencils. If you like ours, templates are available on our blog. Once you have your image, print it out directly onto the PAPER side of the freezer paper. If you don't want to print directly onto freezer paper, print onto regular paper then trace it onto the freezer paper.
Cut the design out with an x-acto knife.
Mix Fabric Medium with whatever paint you’re using, as per manufacturer directions (fabric medium turns any craft/acrylic paint into fabric paint, so that it is washable, won't crack, and lasts longer). You could use standard fabric paint instead, if it comes in the color you would like.
Make sure to put something between the layers of the pillow fabric, so that the paint can’t soak through. Cardboard, magazine, etc. Stamp the paint mix on, in very light layers. We only did one layer because we wanted the fabric underneath to show through. Subtle geekery.