DIY: 3 Incrediby Useful Baby Items You Can Make with Ribbon
I'm sure something like this already exists on the market, but this is a contraption I came up with last spring. The thought of my toddler losing his precious puppy or sippy cup on the streets of Paris and trying to fluently say "have you seen my child's irreplaceable puppy blankie?" in French made chills run up my spine. So, I fashioned this little tether from some ribbon that came off of a box of Godiva chocolates that my husband gave me, and some findings that I had salvaged from some old bag years ago...
- amyistheparty favorited Cup/Toy Tether 18 Apr 21:14
- Julie R. added Cup/Toy Tether to Baby Stuff 11 Nov 03:12
- JuggaletteSweetness17 favorited Cup/Toy Tether 25 Jan 22:43
- Kathy Gregson added Cup/Toy Tether to Baby 17 Sep 13:56
- tessie.bonilla.7 favorited Cup/Toy Tether 24 Apr 19:02
1) Fold about 1/4" of one end of the ribbon over. Pass it through the loop on the clip and fold over about a 1/2". Sew the ribbon closed on the hook.
2) Fold the other end of the ribbon over about 1/4" OR do a zig-zag stitch to finish the ribbon end. Sew a loop of the skinnier ribbon to the end as shown.
3) Fold about 1/4" of one end of the ribbon over. Pass it through the D-ring and fold over about a 1/2". Sew the ribbon closed on the D-ring.
4) Sew a piece of one side of the velcro on the front side of the ribbon, up near the D-ring.
5) Sew the other side of the velcro piece toward the opposite end of the ribbon, on the opposite side of the ribbon as shown.
Now, wrap the ribbon on the loop around any part of your stroller so the velcro comes together. Slip the tether through the handle of your child's sippy cup or toy. Now you can simply hook your child's important items to the stroller, un-hooking when needed. It works similarly to the pacifier clip, but the spring loaded hooks and loops allow you to easily swap out which items are attached to the stroller, leaving the loops there. I made two tethers and two loops, and we never lost a single item on our 11 days in Europe! (see below, Sammy in front of Notre Dame, sippy cup safely dangling from the side of the stroller, and his nuk clipped to his coat!)
Priceless items protected by recycled left-overs! It doesn't get much better than that!