How to make a strawberry and cream cupcake in a jar
- Nicky R. favorited Cupcakes In A Jar 07 Jun 17:39
- Lily2717 favorited Cupcakes In A Jar 05 Jun 05:17
- Ashley W. favorited Cupcakes In A Jar 21 May 15:16
- M1CHAEL5H1RLEY added Cupcakes In A Jar to RECIPES 21 May 00:46
- christina c. favorited Cupcakes In A Jar 19 May 01:53
- Chachee.rayna added Cupcakes In A Jar to Yummy 18 May 20:44
- Emma H. favorited Cupcakes In A Jar 18 May 11:49
- Sayape favorited Cupcakes In A Jar 14 May 19:19
- SugarNSpiceLily favorited Cupcakes In A Jar 13 May 19:57
- Veronica B. favorited Cupcakes In A Jar 13 May 05:13
Preheat the oven to 180 C
Beat the sugar and butter until creamy
Add in the eggs and a teaspoon of vanilla extract
Sieve in the flour and add the baking powder. Mix until you have a creamy cake mix.
Bake in the oven for around 15-18 mins
Once the cupcakes are completely cool. Cut the cupcakes in half, horizontally. I used two bases and one top per jar but you can use more or less depending on the size of you jars.
Put a bottom half of a cupcake at the bottom of the jar. Add a dollop of jam on top. I heated my jam up slightly in a pan to take away the "jar shape" of it.
Whip up some whipping cream and pipe or scoop in over the jam. Add in some sliced up strawberries.
I then added another bottom of a cupcake followed by another layer of jam, whipped cream and strawberries. I then added the top of a cupcake.
I then finished of the look by wrapping some twine around the top and tying on a wooden spoon for each jar. You can do what you want here. You can add lace, ribbon or anything you want.