Adorable Crochetless Amigurumi :]
This is my 1st How-To! I hope you loveee it! I'd love to see any versions you guys create! My next is going to be a panda :]
- Neko-San K. favorited Cupcake Bear 31 May 20:33
- Alice N. added Cupcake Bear to Amigurumi 05 Mar 00:03
- Alice N. added Cupcake Bear to Other 05 Mar 00:02
- Siru N. favorited Cupcake Bear 07 Dec 18:45
- gina.cordova.7 favorited Cupcake Bear 19 Jan 20:20
- carol.lundqvist favorited Cupcake Bear 04 Oct 20:48
- Lydia D. favorited Cupcake Bear 21 Sep 02:15
- gothicguppy favorited Cupcake Bear 03 Apr 17:06
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Cupcake Bear 03 Jan 23:32
- kathleen c. favorited Cupcake Bear 04 Dec 02:02
Gather all of your supplies! I listed them all in my 'You Will Need' section :]
Grab your plastic canvas ball and a cute color of yarn! You're going to weave the thread in and out [start at the bottom of each half and work your way to the top]. This step seems to take forever! Once you've finished both pieces snap them back together. Using your hot glue gun and the same color of yarn you used for your bear wrap a string around [2 times works best] to fill in the gap in the middle :]
Now you're ready for the ears! Grab your sheet of plastic canvas and cut out some cute ears! Mine ended up measuring 7x7 squares with the corner squares cut out and I personally think they're way too square and too large :[ you may want to come up with your own plan, haha!
Cut out 4 of the ears, make sure they're all the same size!
Using the same method as you did for the bear head, weave your yarn in and out of each ear pieces avoiding the outer edges [you'll need these spaces to thread 2 pieces together].
Make sure the messy ends with the yarn tales are facing inward and thread 2 ear pieces together going around and around the edges. Make sure to tie off really tightly so it looks neat :]
I didn't take a pic of this step since it's pretty simple. Cut out a circle of felt for the nose. Using thread, create your bear's mouth.