Knit Jayne Cobb scarf from Firefly.
Years ago a certain hat took the nerd community by storm! The Jayne Cobb hat, worn by the character Jayne Cobb in the all-too-quickly-canceled Firefly, started popping up all over sci-fi conventions. Patterns were posted all over the Internet, and almost every knitting nerd was taking a crack at making one for himself/herself.
Inspired by that hat, knit this Cunning Scarf, to either wear with your hat, or to simply show your love of Firefly without messing up your hair!
Knit lengthwise, this is a great scarf for a beginner. A little bit of funky detail in the way of pom-poms and fringe helps it maintain that loving Momma Cobb rustic feel!
Skill Level: Easy
Finished Measurements: 66” (168 cm) long and 7” (18 cm) wide, before pom poms and fringe are attached
Gauge:21 stitches and 20 rows = 4” (10 cm) in garter stitch on size 8 (5 mm) needles
- Kent H. favorited Cunning Scarf 04 Aug 08:22
- Jessica D. added Cunning Scarf to Other 01 Jan 02:17
- Emma H. favorited Cunning Scarf 27 May 14:31
- Diana R. favorited Cunning Scarf 06 Aug 04:16
- Alecia B. favorited Cunning Scarf 01 Aug 15:57
- BAD KITTY favorited Cunning Scarf 20 Jul 17:28
- Kerri S. favorited Cunning Scarf 02 Mar 03:03
- Bee'sbee added Cunning Scarf to Want to Try 15 Dec 19:26
- SugarNSpiceLily favorited Cunning Scarf 23 Oct 22:53
- Kat favorited Cunning Scarf 14 Sep 12:53
With Color A, CO 350 sts.
Working back and forth, knit 6 rows.
*With Color B, knit 6 rows.
With Color C, knit 6 rows.*
With Color A, knit 6 rows. Repeat from * to *. BO.
Make four pom-poms with all three colors (page 127). Attach one on each corner of the scarf.
Use the remaining yarn to make fringe and attach it among the pom-poms.