A great appetizer for veggie lovers and vegetarians, these stuffed tomatoes are packed with cucumbers, cream cheese and more!
- Rachael H. added Cucumber Stuffed Tomatoes to Food 10 Jan 01:47
- Carolyn C. added Cucumber Stuffed Tomatoes to Food 03 Nov 22:34
- heather r. added Cucumber Stuffed Tomatoes to Food Items to make 13 Oct 19:50
- Emmyann07 added Cucumber Stuffed Tomatoes to FOOD 11 Oct 17:33
- Emmyann07 favorited Cucumber Stuffed Tomatoes 11 Oct 17:33
- Emmyann07 commented on Cucumber Stuffed Tomatoes 11 Oct 17:32
- Amber I. published her project Cucumber Stuffed Tomatoes 12 May 19:30
Combine cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl and either mix with a spoon or beat with a hand mixer on low until smooth. Stir in cucumber, onion and dill until well combined.
Now that I've made this recipe I'd like to share a couple tips for making them, so you have an easier time than I did:
Use larger cherry tomatoes or cocktail tomatoes instead of grape tomatoes. They're too small and too hard to work with.
When cutting your tomatoes, cut the bottoms instead of the tops, so that the tomatoes will lay flat for you instead of rolling all over while you try to fill them and serve them.
Chill the filling before you try and fill or pipe your tomatoes. After you whip the filling it can get kind of soft and thus harder to work with.
Squeeze out any excess moisture from the cucumbers to avoid thinning the filling.
If you're piping it into the tomatoes (which does make it more aesthetically pleasing), use a larger piping tip and one that is not star shaped. The cucumber gets stuck and you'll end up with a huge mess.
For extra added tastiness, use chives instead of green onions, or add crumbled bacon!