Cucumber Salad With Yogurt & Garlic DressingExtract from Asian Salads • By Maki Watanabe • Published by Tuttle Publishing
Combining the acidity of yogurt with the flavor of grated garlic, this dressing is simple yet so addictive. It goes so well with the cucumber.
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
- Catarina Arraes added Cucumber Salad With Yogurt & Garlic Dressing to Foodies 08 Mar 16:45
- Lillian J. favorited Cucumber Salad With Yogurt & Garlic Dressing 06 Dec 09:06
- marlene.gagne.3 favorited Cucumber Salad With Yogurt & Garlic Dressing 17 Nov 20:14
- Crafterella featured Cucumber Salad With Yogurt & Garlic Dressing 14 Nov 23:00
- Tuttle Publishing published her project Cucumber Salad With Yogurt & Garlic Dressing 13 Nov 09:00
Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Roughly chop up.
Combine the ingredients in A in a bowl, and add the cucumber. Add the olive oil and mix. Transfer to serving bowls, and optionally sprinkle with some red chili powder.
Raita is a standard salad in Indian cuisine. It’s basically a salad made with vegetables or fruit, with a yogurt-based dressing. When eaten as a side dish, it makes spicy dishes such as curries milder. I have used cucumber here, but you can also use onions, tomatoes, beans, or even fruits such as apples or bananas. You can also combine multiple vegetables or fruit for delicious results.