DIY Statement Necklaces
In the mood for a major-impact necklace? Look no further than this project, a glam and edgy
necklace inspired by Fallon’s classic designs. While there are several steps involved in making this necklace, the technique of pushing head pins through the sew-on settings of crystals and gluing the crystals and spikes together is straightforward. It’s important to note that this necklace should be made in two stages. After you glue together the crystals and spikes to make the pendants, you’ll need to let them sit overnight so the glue can fully cure. Once dry, you can begin attaching them to the chain.
Statement Necklace Supplies
Spending more on crystal rhinestones, instead of plastic or glass, is worth the investment. You can purchase online from bead stores or suppliers like Swarovski. The result is a more high-end appearance that will have everyone begging to know where you bought your necklace!
- Key West Witch added Crystal Spike Necklace to Jewelry 30 Jun 01:36
- Alex Z. added Crystal Spike Necklace to Интересное 12 May 18:06
- mmotse03 favorited Crystal Spike Necklace 25 Oct 18:10
- Tina C. favorited Crystal Spike Necklace 27 Aug 15:27
- Emily B added Crystal Spike Necklace to karlie kloss inspiration 03 Aug 23:01
- Angelo favorited Crystal Spike Necklace 20 May 19:23
- Quackers, Vino & Cheese favorited Crystal Spike Necklace 26 Apr 14:41
- Sarah B. added Crystal Spike Necklace to Jewellery 22 Apr 01:33
- Southern Crafter added Crystal Spike Necklace to Beading Ideas 21 Apr 05:48
- Southern Crafter favorited Crystal Spike Necklace 21 Apr 05:48
Use the same process to make the last four pendant pieces for the necklace, but this time push the head pins through only the marquis crystals. Then, glue the marquis crystals to the small 7mm crystals and spikes. When making the crystal pendants, remember that the design should mirror itself on either side of the focal point.
Open your jump rings by using two sets of pliers to grab on either side of the seam in the ring. Twist the pliers and ends of the jump rings away from each other in a north-south motion. Attach a jump ring to each end of the necklace, add a clasp to one side, then close each ring by twisting the ends back toward each other so the ends of the ring are flush.