Little quartz stones can be crushed into powder!
I was very unfortunate and I managed to loose my midnight stone on the ground outisde, and it split in half! And into some other small pieces. It has just been lying in my room for a while but then I got this idea from a House of night book (by P.C and Kristin Cast) and i remembered Zoey's grandmother had crushed quartz stones in a little pouch!! Ever since I read that I wanted to have my own stone powder, so I decided to try, and it worked pretty well!!
Here is how I did it:
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Crushed Midnight Stone ✯ 25 Jun 16:22
- Zaka A. favorited Crushed Midnight Stone ✯ 09 Dec 21:36
- jessica.boulanger.10 favorited Crushed Midnight Stone ✯ 09 Jul 05:06
- CraftyPunk C. added Crushed Midnight Stone ✯ to To-make list 27 Jun 16:01
- Chaos favorited Crushed Midnight Stone ✯ 01 Jun 12:02
- Hemophobic Vampire favorited Crushed Midnight Stone ✯ 23 May 02:03
- Ichigo M. favorited Crushed Midnight Stone ✯ 22 May 17:02
- mr.nawaabfuzzumspompom favorited Crushed Midnight Stone ✯ 22 May 09:25
- Loelle favorited Crushed Midnight Stone ✯ 21 May 12:47
- sondra a. favorited Crushed Midnight Stone ✯ 21 May 01:14
So here are the stone pieces I used. They are Midnightstone and apparently it is pretty soft , I have only tried crushing this type of stone but I think it would work with any quartz stones. (If I remember correctly, Grandma Redbird from the House of night series had turquoise stone powder..)
I bought the little star shaped glass vial on Etsy.com. I do not remember the exact seller but just search Star Vial and you will definitely find these.
I found some here right now: http://www.etsy.com/no-en/listing/151756049/5-star-clear-glass-bottle-pendants?ref=sr_gallery_13&ga_search_query=star+vial&ga_ship_to=NO&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery
And btw, the color is very dark here, but after a few days in the bottle when it dried from the rainy air the powder turned a bit lighter but it is still pretty :D <3
Hope you liked it!