Crown Braid Tutorial
I've always admired this "part Renaissance maiden/part Boho" hairstyle. I played around last week and finally figured out how to do it. It's pretty tricky to try on your own since you have to make a braid going straight across the back of your head. If you're not experienced braiding hair you might want to enlist the help of a friend.
You don't need very long hair to try this. Hair that falls a few inches below your shoulders should be fine.
First things first, you'll need to learn how to make an under braid. An under braid is the reverse of a regular braid. The strands are crossed under instead of over each other.
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Crown Braid Tutorial 17 Nov 19:51
- Ellen R. favorited Crown Braid Tutorial 06 Aug 17:34
- Alma added Crown Braid Tutorial to Hair Styling 14 Jul 17:49
- Alan P. favorited Crown Braid Tutorial 06 Jul 05:49
- Abbey B. favorited Crown Braid Tutorial 21 Feb 23:35
- molahyah.hawkins favorited Crown Braid Tutorial 04 Nov 10:06
- Jacqulene C. favorited Crown Braid Tutorial 14 Sep 21:56
- Jessica N. favorited Crown Braid Tutorial 08 Sep 19:46
- Morphine Q. favorited Crown Braid Tutorial 31 Aug 04:07
- Hannah of An Old Story added Crown Braid Tutorial to Whitney Port 22 Jul 18:48
Take a 2 1/2-3 inch section of hair at the top of your right ear and start the under braid. Cross the bottom strand under the middle, then the top under the middle and then the bottom under the middle. This part of the braid goes straight across the back of your head. Work with your hands close to the root of the hair. The keeps the braid tight