Simple crop top in stretch material
Having a sports top (having internal support), and wanting to investigate the hand sewing of stretch material plus also give myself a cropped top for the summer I decided to modify the top.
I examined machine stitching of stretch material and devised a method of emulation using 2 needles / thread. The method has an explanation of this.
- AnA W. added Cropped Sports Top to Shirts 18 May 07:19
- Key West Witch favorited Cropped Sports Top 12 Sep 12:26
- Rhonda G. favorited Cropped Sports Top 17 Apr 02:36
- Lynn L. favorited Cropped Sports Top 03 Sep 08:14
- addy l. favorited Cropped Sports Top 14 Feb 11:56
- Nikia N. favorited Cropped Sports Top 17 Aug 20:13
- sarah a. favorited Cropped Sports Top 24 Feb 23:36
- karen h. added Cropped Sports Top to t shirt 11 Nov 20:37
- Black Veil Brides ^^ replied to a comment on Cropped Sports Top 10 Sep 19:44
- Tracy J. replied to a comment on her project Cropped Sports Top 10 Sep 19:39
Sewing technique: The method of sewing is shown in the diagram. Effectively this appears like two lines of stitching from the right side of the material and cross stitch from the wrong side. This gives the required stretch of stitches. This requires use of 2 needles at the same time. It was not found to be difficult in practice but a single needle / thread technique would still work (a sewing machine would obviously simplify things).