Transform a frumpy set into a cute modern playsuit!
Have you ever come across clothing at the thrift store that has potential, but is too frumpy and dated in its current state? Taking up the hem of an item can often give it a whole new look! I fell in love with the safari animal print on this shorts and blouse set, but the long shorts and oversized blouse needed a bit of a makeover! With just taking up the hem of the shorts and the blouse with some simple sewing techniques, I transformed them into a set more wearable for the modern day vintage-lovin' gal!
- amyakai added Crop Top And Shorts Set to Outfits 24 Aug 02:48
- Siovhan favorited Crop Top And Shorts Set 12 Jul 04:59
- irma o. added Crop Top And Shorts Set to clothes 16 Aug 00:31
- xxkayxx favorited Crop Top And Shorts Set 03 Mar 21:53
- xxkayxx added Crop Top And Shorts Set to Selena Gomez 03 Mar 21:53
- Martha M. favorited Crop Top And Shorts Set 24 Jul 13:29
- x_niccadee added Crop Top And Shorts Set to make this 25 Jun 19:55
- Hester A. favorited Crop Top And Shorts Set 19 Jun 18:46
- Hannah M. published her project Crop Top And Shorts Set 18 May 15:27
After measuring and marking, use fabric scissors to trim off the extra length at the bottom of the shorts and the blouse.
After they are cut, turn the pieces inside out and fold the bottom hem up twice and pin in place.
Now, just use your sewing machine to sew a straight line around the bottom of the new hems, making sure to remove the pins as you go!