Easy tutorial how to make crocheted hair ties. Perfect project for crochet beginners!
In a very busy week of homework and studying I decided to whip up these lovely crocheted hair ties and it took me less than 45 minutes for all three of them! I got the inspiration from a picture I once saw on Pinterest and I was in love with the idea of making a hair tie that looks like you just took a piece of crocheted ribbon to secure your hair.
- Rachel B. added Crocheted Hair Ties to DIY or Crochet Hair Accessories 30 Apr 02:26
- Karen D. favorited Crocheted Hair Ties 31 Aug 04:30
- shelly.anderson.547 added Crocheted Hair Ties to Crochet 21 Dec 02:30
- shelly.anderson.547 favorited Crocheted Hair Ties 21 Dec 02:29
- karla k. favorited Crocheted Hair Ties 18 Nov 14:35
- TwinkleTime favorited Crocheted Hair Ties 22 Oct 15:27
- Derykah M. favorited Crocheted Hair Ties 02 Sep 12:37
- Fran<3 favorited Crocheted Hair Ties 07 Apr 22:31
- Elle added Crocheted Hair Ties to Crochet 22 Mar 03:12
- Elle favorited Crocheted Hair Ties 22 Mar 03:12
Next, take the hair tie and place the crocheted chain on the front side and the rest of the yarn on the other side. With the hook grab the yarn and pull it through the hair tie and up, forming a loop. You should have two loops on your crochet hook now. Get yarn from over the tie and pull it through both loops. Again, pull yarn through the tie and up, forming a loop and pull yarn through both of them. Continue crocheting like this all the way around the hair tie.
When you're done, finish with 8-12 chain stitches to form the second "ribbon" end.
With the last stitch, cut the yarn and pull it through. Cut both ends of the yarn a bit below the first crochet stitch. Tie a knot with both ends for the perfect fake crocheted ribbon hair tie ... thing.
And you're done! Wow, that was fast!