I made this one day when I decided I needed a new bag, just for going out and such.
- t o. favorited Crochet Satchel 17 Jan 16:05
- Key West Witch favorited Crochet Satchel 12 Sep 09:09
- _.+'** Eden+ *+..._ favorited Crochet Satchel 14 Dec 09:37
- Skyliva favorited Crochet Satchel 23 Apr 18:49
- Alisa A. favorited Crochet Satchel 31 Oct 03:08
- Kiki B. added Crochet Satchel to Crochet 03 Jun 21:27
- Demi Angst favorited Crochet Satchel 21 Apr 07:02
- Carol B. favorited Crochet Satchel 09 Feb 12:40
- choco s. added Crochet Satchel to crochet 14 Jan 20:32
- choco s. favorited Crochet Satchel 14 Jan 20:32
Chain 90-110 stitches. On mine, there are 90 stitches.
Just keep doing a single stitch back and forth for however many rows you would like. I did 40 rows, but for some people it's the bigger the better :)
Once you've finished, cast off. Then fold it in the shape of the satchel. Slip stitch the sides of the bag together.
Now that you've finished getting it all together, it's time to make the strap. Chain however many you want. It depends on the length you want it to be. On my bag, I chained 140. You have to do 6 Rows of that.
When you're done, cast off again. Attach the strap to the bag however you would like, I just kind of sewed it on with the yarn.
Once you've attached it, pull of the loose ends to the inside of the bag.
OPTIONAL: Sew a button on the front, right where the end of the flap-like thing ends.
To be able to attach the button to the bag, you can add a little loop of yarn. Make a loop and adjust it to the size of your button. Attach it to your bag, again, however you would like, and presto! You have a new bag :)