When fishnets don't keep you warm enough.
I only made one 'cause I don't have much time right now, but I'll make another when I'm up to it.
- Jasmin F. favorited Crochet Net Like Legwarmers. 22 Aug 02:57
- BlazingFirebug favorited Crochet Net Like Legwarmers. 17 Jun 08:20
- FashionistaTalia favorited Crochet Net Like Legwarmers. 27 May 04:36
- Rachel B. favorited Crochet Net Like Legwarmers. 03 May 19:39
- silentband favorited Crochet Net Like Legwarmers. 03 Jan 20:41
- Crystal M. favorited Crochet Net Like Legwarmers. 22 Apr 21:03
- Jessie D. added Crochet Net Like Legwarmers. to To Do Yarn Crafts 19 Nov 04:16
- carlyanne favorited Crochet Net Like Legwarmers. 02 Mar 08:53
- Staci Fowler favorited Crochet Net Like Legwarmers. 09 Oct 16:33
- mochuelita added Crochet Net Like Legwarmers. to Have to <3 <3 15 Sep 19:25
Chain enough to fit snugly around the top of your calf.
Snugly, remember! Crochet stitches have a tendency to stretch.
Join the chain with the first stitch using a slip stitch.
Crochet once around the circle you've just created.
When you get back to the start again...
Chain 5. Skip to the fifth stitch from your current stitch, and connect your chain using either a slip stitch or a single crochet (I find that it doesn't make much of a difference).
You technically don't have to count 5; you could just estimate the middle and connect your chain. I did this for most of mine.
Repeat this step for approximately 2-3 rows, or until you start hitting the widest part of your calf.
You should continually try them on to make sure they fit snugly.
When you get to the widest part of your calf, instead of chaining 5, chain 7 (or however much you need to make it fit).
Then count 7 stitches from your current stitch, and do a single crochet/slip stitch.
(Again, you can just estimate)
Repeat this until you see your leg starting to taper down.
Once you want to taper it down again, chain only 5, and repeat what you have previously done.
Keep doing this until you hit the area closest to your ankle (should be the smallest part of your leg).
Now, when you hit the smallest part, chain only 3 and repeat what you have done.
When it is the desired length, single crochet in every stitch for two rows.
If you would like it to be form fitting to your ankle, skip over a few stitches while going around.
To end your project, cut the yarn so you have a tail of about 2 inches.
Pull this yarn through your last loop.
Then weave in all your ends.