Narwhals, narwhals, swimming in the ocean, causing a commotion, CAUSE THEY ARE SO AWESOME!
My little sister and I have a regular joke about Narwhals. In my quest to learn to crochet, I decided to try making her one and here's the result.
I'm pretty happy with this little guy, but would welcome any tips on how to improve him!
Finished size is 2 inches long, plus another inch of horn. It took me an hour to do, but I bet others could do it much quicker.
Use 3.5 mm Hook. work in rounds
1) 6sc in 2nd chain from hook
2) (2 sc in first sc, sc in next sc) repeat around ( 9 sc)
3) work even (9 sc)
4) (2 sc in first sc, sc in next 2 sc) repeat around (12 sc)
5) sc in each sc around
6) (2 sc in first sc, sc in next 3 sc) repeat around (15 sc)
7-9) work even (15 sc)
10) (sc dec, sc in next sc) repeat around (12 sc)
11) sc round (12 sc)
12) (sc dec, sc in next sc) repeat around (9 sc)
13) (sc dec, sc in next sc) repeat around (6 sc)
14) (sc dec, sc in next sc) repeat around 3 sc
15) Sew up and finish.
FINS (MAKE 4)
1) skip 4th ch, 1 sc rest. Turn.
2) sc row
3) Finish leaving long tail for sewing.
1) Skip 6th ch, 1 sc in rest. Turn.
2) sc row.
Fold in half length ways and sew together.
Finish leaving long tail for sewing.
1) Sew horn at rounded front of body.
2) Sew two fins at pointed end of body.
3) Sew two fins on either side of body half way down.
4) Sew an eye on either side (or use beads)
5) Add a smile!
I think this is how I did it. I was making it up as I went along, but I did make mental notes!
The fins aren't great, so if anyone finds/ knows a better way to do them then please do let me know in the comments and post a version and I'll edit this How To and give credit :)