So, I met Twinkie Chan at a crochet club and she showed me how to crochet a cupcake, which can then be sewn into a long string of cupcakes to make a pretty cupcake scarf. Here's the pattern for one cupcake, make lots!
- ZombieUnicorn favorited Crochet Cupcake 14 Jan 22:55
- Skyliva favorited Crochet Cupcake 24 Apr 17:15
- LoupLou favorited Crochet Cupcake 06 Jan 14:51
- RareJewel favorited Crochet Cupcake 16 May 06:39
- Calah L. added Crochet Cupcake to MUST DO 24 Jan 20:36
- RainxFlower24 added Crochet Cupcake to Crochet 15 Jan 07:05
- betty.stoyles favorited Crochet Cupcake 17 Sep 14:56
- dalekordancer favorited Crochet Cupcake 03 Jul 19:36
- Melissa L. added Crochet Cupcake to Fun 03 Apr 15:23
- ebretherick favorited Crochet Cupcake 07 Feb 01:30
Use I hook (recommended) and pink yarn.
Ch 4, sl to first ch to form loop.
Row 1 - Ch 3 (acts as your first dc), work 5 more dc into loop, turn. (6 sc)
Row 2 - (Ch 3, dc) in same st, (2 dc) each in next 5 dc, turn. (12 sc)
Row 3 - (Ch 3, dc) in same st, 1 dc, [(2 dc), 1 dc] 5 times, turn. (18 sc)
Don't turn to work the other side. Just rotate the piece clockwise to work along the bottom, straight edge of the semi circle you just made.
Imagine breaking the straight edge into four quadrants to place your frosting scallops.
Row 1 - Ch 1, (4 dc) into first 1/8, sl st into 2/8. (4 dc) into 3/8, sl st into center 4/8. (4 dc) into 5/8, sl st into 6/8. (4 dc) into 7/8, ch 1, sl st into second ch of the main piece. Break off.
Hold your frosting upside down.
Use H hook (recommended) and yellow yarn.
Row 1 - Insert hook in second to last dc, work 1 sc , [skip next dc, (2 dc) down inside sl st, skip next dc, 1 sc in each of next two dc] 2 times.
Skip next dc, (2 dc) inside last sl st, skip next dc, 1 sc in next dc. (12 sc)
Row 2 - Ch 1, turn, 1 sc in each st all the way across. (12 sc)
Row 3 - Repeat row 2. (12 sc)
Row 4 - Ch 1, turn. Sc dec, 8 sc across, sc dec. (10 sc)
Row 5 - Ch1, turn. 10 sc evenly across. (10 sc)
Row 6 - Ch 1, turn, Sc dec, 6 sc across, sc dec. (8 sc)
Break off yarn. Weave in ends.
Round 1 - Ch 2. 6 sc in the secon ch. Sl st to first sc to join.
Round 2 - Ch 1, 2 sc in the same space, sc in nect sc, [(2 sc) in next sc, sc in next sc] 2 times. Sl st to first sc to join. (9 sc)
Round 3 - Ch 1, sc in each sc around. Sl st to first sc. (9 sc)
Break off leaving about 10 inches to sew to your cupcake.
Adorn with pom-poms or beads to act if sprinkles if wanted.