Bootcuffs are a great way to add some color to your Winter outfit!
Gauge: Gauge is not important for this project. Yay!
- chain = ch
- half double crochet = hdc
- single crochet = sc
- slip stitch = sl st
- back loops only = blo
- row = R
Note: by working on the back loops only your cuffs will have a nice textured ribbed look.
- Key West Witch added Crochet Boot Cuffs to Crochet 20 Mar 22:45
- Miss Captain Cosplay favorited Crochet Boot Cuffs 22 Apr 08:34
- Cake Eater Sarah added Crochet Boot Cuffs to Quilting/Sewing/Crochet 13 Oct 01:12
- Jordyn N. favorited Crochet Boot Cuffs 09 Aug 15:47
- C T. added Crochet Boot Cuffs to Accessories! x 27 Jul 00:54
- Tehri G. favorited Crochet Boot Cuffs 25 Jul 05:58
- Birdie R. favorited Crochet Boot Cuffs 24 Jul 18:00
- Crafterella featured Crochet Boot Cuffs 23 Jul 22:00
- Alissa B. favorited Crochet Boot Cuffs 12 Jul 20:19
- Kay Bay favorited Crochet Boot Cuffs 07 Jul 08:09
Start with I (5.5mm) hook. Ch 14.
R1: Turn, skip 2 ch, hdc in the remaining stitches (12 hdc)
R2: Ch 2, turn, hdc in BLO across (12 hdc)
Repeat R2 until the stretched cuff fits around the widest part of your calf. (My calf is 14" and I crochet a total of 19 rows)
Ch 1, turn, slip stitch both ends of the cuff together.
Do not fasten off.
Make sure the right side is facing you (where you slip stitched the cuff to form a circle will be inside)
Now, using a H (5.0mm) hook:
Ch 1, sc in the end of each row of the cuff, join.
Ch 1, sc in each st around, join. (repeat 4x)
Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Top of the Cuff:
Use I (5.5mm) hook.
Join the yarn, Ch 2, hdc in the end of each row of the cuff, join.
Ch 1, hdc in each st around, join. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
To change the look of your boot cuffs, add a scalloped edge to the top.
Join the yarn with a sl st, skip 2 stitches, dc 5 into the 3rd st, skip 2 sts, sl st.
Repeat all the way around your boot cuff, but before you are all the way to the end, count the stitches to make sure you have an even look. You might need to skip 3 stitches instead of 2 to end evenly.
Fasten off. Weave in the ends.