A simple round basket with cute bear ears
Using bulky weight yarn and a 5 mm (H) crochet hook, your basket will be about 9 cm / 3.6″ wide. You can change the size by using thicker or thinner yarn.
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
sc2tog = single crochet 2 together
dc = double crochet
st = stitch
sl st = slip stitch
- Paige D. favorited Crochet Bear Basket 22 Sep 05:09
- js-m crafts favorited Crochet Bear Basket 29 Apr 11:11
- Cat Morley added Crochet Bear Basket to Paddington Bear Afternoon Tea 23 Jan 09:58
- Maro A. added Crochet Bear Basket to Baby's nursery 18 Oct 17:50
- Karina R. favorited Crochet Bear Basket 28 Jun 08:45
- Jen S. added Crochet Bear Basket to Cate's room ideas 03 Mar 01:32
- Jen S. favorited Crochet Bear Basket 02 Mar 20:35
- ZombieUnicorn favorited Crochet Bear Basket 14 Jan 22:01
- inescf added Crochet Bear Basket to To do 28 Aug 01:40
- Jenee Nicole added Crochet Bear Basket to Crochet 29 Apr 02:37
This crochet basket is worked in the round. Do not join rounds, except when specifically instructed. Start with a magic ring, or ch 2 and work in the first chain.
1. 6 sc in a circle.
2. 2 sc in each st around. (12 sc)
3. (2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st) 6 times. (18 sc)
4. (1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st) 6 times. (24 sc)
5. Join the round with a sl st, and ch 1.
Working through back loops only, (1 sc in next 5 sts, 2 sc in next st) 4 times. (28 sc)
You should now have a little ridge of stitches that will help to shape the base of the bowl. Go back to working through both loops for the rest of the pattern.
6. Remember to skip the ch 1 that you made at the beginning of round 5. (2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next 6 sts) 4 times. (32 sc)
7. (2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next 7 sts) 4 times. (36 sc)
8. (2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next 8 sts) 5 times. (40 sc)
9-14. sc in each st around, for 6 rounds. (40 sc per round)
15. (sc2tog, 1 sc in next 8 sts) 4 times. (36 sc)
Sl st in next st to join round.
The main part of the basket is done.
Now add some bear ears:
Sl st in next st, skip next st. 8 dc in next st. Skip next st. Sl st in next 6 sts. Skip next st. 8 dc in next st. Skip next st, sl st in next st.
Cut yarn, and finish off. Use a yarn needle to hide the yarn ends.