Crocheted lace sewn onto fabric before making a sling tote
I made this a while ago when I wanted a bag for everyday use. The inspiration for the crochet exterior is from a bag I saw at Claires'. (http://www.fashionvice.com/files/crochet_bucket_bag.jpg) To make this, I crocheted a back and a front using two patterns from a crocheting book. Then I sewed it onto some black fabric for nice contrast before making a simple sling bag. I wanted a thin but strong handle so my mom had the brilliant idea of sewing a handle with ribbon inside for extra support (no fear for stretching it out!).
- Conn entered her project Crochet Bag to Yarn Crush 18 Dec 07:18
- Alisa A. favorited Crochet Bag 31 Oct 03:08
- Rebecca L. favorited Crochet Bag 01 Sep 07:32
- iris.auron.7 favorited Crochet Bag 20 Oct 18:25
- Conn entered her project Crochet Bag to Punchdrunk Panda 11 Aug 18:18
- ohnochristine added Crochet Bag to sewing 18 Jul 14:18
- alinamv added Crochet Bag to crochet 08 Jan 20:32
- Conn entered her project Crochet Bag to Secret Santa 05 Jan 20:13
- Conn published her project Crochet Bag 04 Jan 03:12
Conn posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!