Hot Fresh Tute and Pix 4 Days.
Eleven jump rings - $1.00
One lobster claw clasp - $2.00
Knowing you'll never spend money on your maxed out credit cards again - Priceless.
I can't believe I found creative inspiration from the recession, the credit crunch for you royal subjects, but I did and here's the result. The Credit Crunch Bracelet is a great way to take your credit cards out of rotation, at least for a while.
It's a perfect project for creating a great conversation piece out of old credit cards and perhaps impress the financial goddess that is Suze Orman.
Sure, there are a few things that I already had to finish this project. Namely the disc cutter. I used the largest hole to make the punches, but you can mix it up and add different sizes through out your own bracelet.
And of course I have had way too many credit cards, as well. I only used two cards (for a total of 10 discs), but someone might make a necklace version and use several more. You might also want to use several cards for a variety of designs and patterns.
Here's the disc cutter. (It obviously works on plastic, but also thin metals, I'm tackling aluminum cans next)
(yes it's rusty, but like wrinkles, rust just means it's had an interesting life.)
You could also just use a pair of sharp industrial scissors and cut out of your shapes?
There are a couple different disc cutters out there, but I got my disc cutter here:
I also had hole punches
(I have two versions, but I like the hand held one (blue) because you can see what you are punching)
- Charyawn221 favorited Credit Crunch Bracelet 26 Nov 17:19
- Mari M. added Credit Crunch Bracelet to Recycled Art Ideas 25 Mar 12:00
- Dana G. favorited Credit Crunch Bracelet 20 Mar 23:02
- Mari M. favorited Credit Crunch Bracelet 18 Mar 12:40
- sarah.m.fry.5 favorited Credit Crunch Bracelet 12 Mar 12:13
- DocDoolittle favorited Credit Crunch Bracelet 06 Aug 01:11
- Sandra H. added Credit Crunch Bracelet to bracelets 31 May 14:03
- Veronica B. favorited Credit Crunch Bracelet 30 May 00:20
- gareth m. favorited Credit Crunch Bracelet 29 May 08:42
- call me buddy replied to a comment on Credit Crunch Bracelet 20 May 02:56
If you are using a disc cutter, stick the card between the slit and place the punch peg in the hole. Next, hammer the punch peg to make the disc. Think happy thoughts like - NO MORE FINANCE CHARGES FROM YOU!
Make sure it's a firm strike, don't be weak about it, you want clean sides to your punched piece.
Here it is...(take that Visa you evil bastard)
Continue until you have enough discs (don't forget matching earrings - )