Natural Beauty Alchemy
Dry skin usually lacks moisture, and since an oily film on the skin surface locks moisture underneath it, thick, oil-rich ingredients are suitable for drier skin. Heavy cream provides a “shot” of lipids for dry skin. With other moisturizing ingredients, such as glycerin, cucumber juice, and honey, this toner is a perfect balance for weather-beaten skin. Buying organic, when it’s available, helps you avoid pesticides, antibiotics, and hormones in your ingredients.
Note: Aloe vera juice or gel can be substituted for the cucumber juice, 1 tablespoon cologne for the 2 tablespoons rose water, and almond milk for the cream (for a nongreasy formulation).
- Rebecca M. favorited Creamy Toner 13 Jun 02:48
- Brian L. favorited Creamy Toner 23 Sep 05:45
- Jeff S. favorited Creamy Toner 07 Sep 05:59
- Oliver k. favorited Creamy Toner 04 Sep 06:30
- Brian L. favorited Creamy Toner 04 Sep 06:16
- Anton . favorited Creamy Toner 03 Sep 12:41
- Quincy b. favorited Creamy Toner 03 Sep 12:08
- Denote G. favorited Creamy Toner 03 Sep 11:40
- Denote w. favorited Creamy Toner 03 Sep 11:25
- Scott b. favorited Creamy Toner 03 Sep 11:09
Make cucumber juice by putting 1 English cucumber through a juicer. Filter the cucumber juice, and then mix with the heavy cream. Warm the rose water in a double boiler; then add the honey and stir to dissolve. Add the glycerin to the rose water and honey and mix again. Pour over the cucumber juice and cream mixture. Then transfer to a bottle.
Shake vigorously to combine all ingredients. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or to the cream’s expiration date, whichever is shorter.
Shake again before applying to the face and neck with a cotton ball before bedtime.