make a lentil dish that everybody loves
With every bite, you will be thrilled how well the combination of the aromatic spicy curry and rich creamy coconut milk contributes to lentils and brown rice. This dish also provides essential nutrients for your body: good source of protein, dietary fibers, and carbohydrates. In addition it offers vitamins and minerals. Make it for your friends and family; you won't regret you did.
- Yina F. added Curried Spinach Rice Lentil Bake to Big Cook Book 02 Jun 19:24
- Kimya J. favorited Curried Spinach Rice Lentil Bake 14 Mar 01:22
- OH! Its the Domo :3 favorited Curried Spinach Rice Lentil Bake 28 Jul 01:39
- Jenn favorited Curried Spinach Rice Lentil Bake 24 May 20:41
- Yina F. added Curried Spinach Rice Lentil Bake to Remember 16 May 07:24
- LightOrangeBean published her project Curried Spinach Rice Lentil Bake 01 May 09:00
Cook Lentils: Measure the lentils into a strainer, pick over and remove any stones. Rinse thoroughly under running water. Transfer rinsed lentils to a saucepan, add 1-1/3 cup of water to lentils. On a stove top, bring the water to a boil then set the heat to medium low to simmer for 25 minutes.
In another saucepan, add brown rice and 1-1/3 cup of water. On a stove top, bring the water to a boil then set heat to low to simmer for 10 minutes.
While lentils and rice are cooking, use knife or food processor to chop onions, garlic, and spinach into fine pieces.
Preheat oven to 350 ºF. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped onions and garlic; then stir until onions are translucent and softened. Stir in rice, curry powder, salt and pepper; cook 2 more minutes. Add chopped spinach, cooked lentils and coconut milk; cook for 1 minute.
Transfer the lentil rice mixture to an oven safe dish; cover with oven safe lid or aluminum foil and bake 35 minutes.