If you’re crafting on the go, this handy caddy has a pocket for all your tools, glues, pens, tapes, patterns and more! I used a heavy-weight cotton for both the outside of the caddy and the lining, as this helps to make it sturdy. You will need about 68cm (¾ yard) each of two fabrics.
- Christina R. favorited Craft Caddy 28 Oct 18:10
- Karina R. favorited Craft Caddy 28 Jun 08:50
- Pamela M. favorited Craft Caddy 22 May 16:37
- Deb E. favorited Craft Caddy 06 Feb 04:31
- kiki w. added Craft Caddy to Things I need to make for myself 29 Jan 07:14
- Kathryn T. favorited Craft Caddy 05 Nov 22:13
- candijdixon added Craft Caddy to Craft Organization 23 Feb 12:00
- kzk favorited Craft Caddy 28 Nov 17:37
- Mary Ellen C. favorited Craft Caddy 30 Oct 21:06
- jtrejoargueta favorited Craft Caddy 20 Sep 05:51
You Will Need
Take the two outer sides of the bag and pin the sides of the long pockets across the front of each.
Pin the centre point and sew down the pocket to secure it, back tacking at the top end a couple of times to strengthen.
Sew the bias binding around the top of the caddy and fold the top over by 3.8cm (1½in). Make up the handles (and sew on to the top of each side centrally, securing with a button at each end. Insert the dowelling under the fold along each long side, and glue in place.
You could add more pockets to the sides of the bag, and add stiffener if you need the bag to be stronger. I have decorated this caddy with one of the fabric flowers.