Vietnamese Street Food
A simplified version of this dish is being sold by vendors in the historic port of Hoi An in central Vietnam: there, the ingredients are stir-fried and served on top of the deep-fried wonton wrappers. However, we like the surprise package of the enclosed wontons.
© 2019 Tracy Lister / Hardie Grant Books · Reproduced with permission. · Vietnamese Street Food by Tracey Lister and Andreas Pohl, £14.99, paperback, available at http://hardiegrant.co.uk/
- Shantelle t. added Crab Wontons With Tomato Salsa to food!! 02 Oct 01:48
- Grimgirl101 favorited Crab Wontons With Tomato Salsa 20 Jun 22:22
- Kenny the kitty favorited Crab Wontons With Tomato Salsa 22 May 17:05
- Emily E. favorited Crab Wontons With Tomato Salsa 04 Apr 21:07
- RooksNest favorited Crab Wontons With Tomato Salsa 30 Mar 18:44
- rock3r1 favorited Crab Wontons With Tomato Salsa 24 Mar 15:32
- judithchen added Crab Wontons With Tomato Salsa to recipes 18 Mar 10:10
You Will Need
Thinly slice the spring onions. Set aside half the green part for the salsa and discard the remaining green part. Combine the white part with the crab, pork, ginger, pepper and salt. Mix well.
Place a wonton wrapper on a board and top with a spoonful of the crab mixture. Dampen the edges of the wrapper and then place another wonton wrapper on top. Squeeze to remove any air, then press the edges together to seal. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
To make the salsa, remove the seeds from the tomatoes, then cut the tomatoes into 5 mm dice. Place in a bowl with the reserved spring onion, coriander leaves, chilli, sugar and fish sauce.
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or wok and deep-fry the wontons in batches until cooked through. Drain well on paper towel.
Serve the wontons hot, topped with the tomato salsa.