Project: Cooking Mama Apron
It’s a Cooking Mama Apron! Or rather an apron, adorned with a hand cut felt appliqué of none other than Cooking Mama of Nintendo fame. It’s a little bit of a joke with my friend Heidi, who was the recipient, but I am really excited with how it turned out.
- Leia B. favorited Cooking Mama Apron 19 Mar 01:05
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Cooking Mama Apron 19 Nov 23:41
- chelsea g. favorited Cooking Mama Apron 27 Aug 07:37
- Natasha V. favorited Cooking Mama Apron 28 Mar 09:49
- AphroditeHalosydne favorited Cooking Mama Apron 25 Jan 22:27
- ilovearadia favorited Cooking Mama Apron 09 Jan 00:40
- Bonnie B. added Cooking Mama Apron to Clothes 03 Dec 17:27
- Kendell V. favorited Cooking Mama Apron 26 Nov 03:19
- M S. added Cooking Mama Apron to home deco 10 Oct 07:47
- erinhighbaugh favorited Cooking Mama Apron 29 Sep 09:02
To start with, if you’re not framilar with the game I’ll give you a quick overview. Basically your goal is to make different dishes like sticky rice and sweet fired egg following along step-by-step as instructed by Mama. Each step along the way you either succeed and earn her praise or fail and have to bear Mama’s wrath. Here is a still from the DS game, specifically a still of Mama, when she is less then happy with your work.
When Heidi last came to visit I let her borrow the game. We joked about her fireball eyes and repeated the line “Don’t worry, Mama will fix it.” So late one night over IM I was brainstorming with my friend Lindsey, trying to come up with something to make to cheer Heidi up. There were a lot of good ideas but when we finally got to the idea of a “Cooking Mama Apron” we both knew that was the hands down winner. (Thanks again Lindsey!)
It was also important to me the apron was just right. The pink gingham fabric and the lace were essential for the kitsch factor. I found a great little tutorial and pattern for the apron on craftster. I also thought it would be a nice idea to turn the little “score” box into a little pocket, which I trimed in blue lace to match the game.