Proclaim your love of all things shiny with a collar of great sparkle!
I've been thinking about making a collar for a while and today I finally got around to it. A couple of years ago I bought a gem-setter tool which came with lots of diamante studs and I decided this would be the perfect project to use them on.
- Helen W. entered her project Collar Of Bling to Harmonees Creations 05 Jan 18:41
- Emma H. favorited Collar Of Bling 04 Jul 11:50
- Bencaz favorited Collar Of Bling 21 Jul 19:47
- Helen W. entered her project Collar Of Bling to Allstarco Contest 24 Feb 14:56
- rawley c. favorited Collar Of Bling 02 Nov 03:36
- Helen W. entered her project Collar Of Bling to Hats On Heads 08 Jun 17:11
- comradebunny favorited Collar Of Bling 15 Mar 21:32
- HantuPenanggal favorited Collar Of Bling 21 Feb 06:43
- viridianag0 added Collar Of Bling to Jewelry 16 Feb 17:41
- Helen W. entered her project Collar Of Bling to B.A.I.T. Footwear Contest 11 Feb 16:52
Attach your bling. I have a tool for setting studs but you can just push them through the fabric and bend the points down with your fingers or scissor blade.
You can get iron on gems but in my experience they just fall off which is annoying but you could always glue gems on if you didn't want to use stud type shiny things.
Phew, nearly done. Remember those other 2 collar pieces? Now you're going to sew them to the first two pieces so the spiky points of the studs don't scratch you and the collar is a bit stronger.
I used blanket stitch but you could just use a running stitch all the way round if you prefer. Remember to overlap slightly at the front, using the decorated sides as a guide.