Make your own collar clips / cardigan clips accessories by up-cycling your old clip on earrings and a bracelet...
I really love using cardigan clips when I'm dressing up as I am really into vintage clothing, so these are the perfect little addition to any retro outfit. What makes them even better is they double as some really trendy as collar clips for during the day, which is a reallly hot look right now. Win / win, right?! This tutorial will take you less than 5 minutes and makes use of those old accessories that you don't use any more. Perfect!
- MissyCupcake favorited Collar Clips / Cardigan Clips Diy 16 Feb 01:44
- RareJewel favorited Collar Clips / Cardigan Clips Diy 21 Jun 07:02
- bemeself favorited Collar Clips / Cardigan Clips Diy 18 Jun 17:38
- Maxine M. added Collar Clips / Cardigan Clips Diy to To-make list 12 Apr 04:16
- LaAlex added Collar Clips / Cardigan Clips Diy to Clothing 28 Feb 00:16
- LaAlex favorited Collar Clips / Cardigan Clips Diy 28 Feb 00:16
- Emma H. favorited Collar Clips / Cardigan Clips Diy 26 Jan 01:49
- Alex B. favorited Collar Clips / Cardigan Clips Diy 25 Dec 22:37
- jen s. favorited Collar Clips / Cardigan Clips Diy 06 Oct 09:53
- MarioEda favorited Collar Clips / Cardigan Clips Diy 30 Sep 08:17
To dismantle your bracelet, you will need to open each of the rings (jump rings) attaching each element and remove the parts you don't need. For instance, I won't need the lobster clasp to hold the bracelet closed, so I will need to remove that. And I will not need the words, so I would remove them etc.
To do this, you will need to hold the ring with a set of pliers in one hand to keep it steady. You will notice a join in the ring which is where to open and close it. Make sure you are holding the ring with this at the top as shown above. To open it, use the second pair of pliers in your other hand and holding the other half of the ring, twist it open by pushing it away from you. This is the best way to open these little rings without risking them snapping and ensuring they will sit properly when closed again. Never pull them apart!
So, do this step as much as necessary for your bracelet. All you need to keep is a ring on each end and some of that chain in the middle. Easy!
Lovely, aren't they? Now all you need to do is add your lovely outfit :D
We hope you've enjoyed these two quick little tutorials! You will save a fortune on hostess gifts and cute little wardrobe updates for next to nothing. In fact, with the money you save you can try different versions of each :D Remember that you will find some pretty awesome clip on earrings in charity shops too, so keep your eye out when you go thrifting! A couple of minutes with those pliers and you can swap these sweater clips for each outfit. Hooray!