A collar using foam rubber & colourful fabric
You basically just have to follow these steps: http://old.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/velvet-collar , but I'll post them here anyway.
- Key West Witch added Collar to Flowers - Real and not so... 30 Jun 02:58
- Kimya J. favorited Collar 17 Nov 03:56
- Lucky Threadneedle favorited Collar 12 Mar 16:55
- gloomy-smiles favorited Collar 11 Jan 04:12
- Zuri favorited Collar 18 Oct 01:24
- Amanda T. added Collar to Jewelry 22 Sep 21:05
- Jennie B. favorited Collar 20 Jul 21:30
- Lee J. favorited Collar 15 Jul 08:17
- Kimberley W. favorited Collar 27 Jun 00:30
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Bootiful favorited Collar 04 Jun 03:23
You start with a template. I constructed mine myself.
Transfer it to foam rubber (colour doesn't matter), pin it on 2 fairly bigger pieces of velvet.
At last, I glued strings of t-shirt fabric to the ends. I've made the experience that t-shirt fabric is pretty elastic which means nothing will choke me and I have control over how tight it is, yet it is tight enough to stay in place. Also I don't have to buy necklace closures! I do this with all of my necklaces now.