The Anti-Inflammatory Kitchen Cookbook
You can make these tasty, tropical fish cakes with cod or haddock, and they come together quickly with a food processor. The mangos, peppers, and scallions brighten up the white fish and add lots of vitamins to this recipe.
DAIRY FREE • HIGH PROTEIN • SUPERFOOD
PREP TIME: 15 minutes • COOK TIME: 20 minutes • TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
Makes 6 small cakes
You Will Need
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Prepare the mango cubes and red pepper and chop the scallions.
3. In the bowl of a food processor, add the mango cubes, bell pepper, and scallions. Pulse until they break into small pieces.
4. Add the cod and pulse until the fish breaks up but doesn’t form a paste.
5. In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine the fish mixture, egg, salt, and 1/4 cup crushed crispy rice cereal.
6. Form the fish batter into 6 small cakes and dredge each in the remaining 1/2 cup crushed cereal.
7. In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and cook the cakes for about 3–4 minutes on each side, until golden.
8. Place the cakes on a baking sheet and bake them for 10 minutes or until the middles completely cook through.
9. While the cakes are baking, make the Mango Sauce.
10. Serve the cakes on a bed of greens with your favorite veggies.
Crush the crispy rice cereal in a resealable plastic bag either by hand, with a meat tenderizer, or with a rolling pin until it forms fine crumbs.
This quick sauce creates the ultimate flavor boost to any meal.
CROWD PLEASER • FAST • LOW CAL • VEGAN
PREP TIME: 5 minutes • COOK TIME: 10 minutes • TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
Makes for servings, 1 ½ cups
1. Prepare the mango and bell pepper and chop the scallions.
2. In a small pot over medium heat, simmer all ingredients for 5–10 minutes, until the vegetables become tender.
3. Transfer ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
You can freeze the sauce in ice cube trays for up to