Yummy, spicy, delicious
This is a super tasty vegan cake. This cake is not so sweet and a little spicy but so good. I like to spread a bit of jam on it. :3
- Peggy O. commented on Coconut Chai Ginger Cake 01 Apr 16:03
- Jenn M. favorited Coconut Chai Ginger Cake 23 Jan 20:20
- Angel C. favorited Coconut Chai Ginger Cake 30 Aug 14:13
- Kaiulani W. favorited Coconut Chai Ginger Cake 10 Jul 01:46
- Kenny the kitty favorited Coconut Chai Ginger Cake 13 May 17:02
- Snarah Panera entered their project Coconut Chai Ginger Cake to Go Vegan 2011 Contest 11 Dec 02:54
Prepare 1 cup of very strong chai tea. Use two bags. I used a black chai and a vanilla chai.
Preheat the oven to 350
combine all of the dry ingredients together, excluding the coconut.
add the chai, vinegar, applesauce, and coconut to the mix. I used fresh ginger so this is when I added it, but if you're using ground add it with the other dry stuff.
if you want a spicier cake add some more ginger
pour the batter into a greased pan and sprinkle the remaining coconut on top.
Bake fot 25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.