Adorable bleached tights!
I tried a pair of cobalt blue tights for this tutorial, but you could try any colour!
I have very few pictures for this tutorial because I wasn't aware they'd turn out so nice, so sorry for the lack of visual understanding!
- Alisa B. favorited 'Cloud' Tights 07 Jul 04:35
- Tim J. favorited 'Cloud' Tights 25 May 11:17
- PineconePrincess added 'Cloud' Tights to Melanie Martinez mad hatter inspired look 11 May 21:35
- ElizabethJuddTaylor added 'Cloud' Tights to Blythe 04 Nov 17:36
- Momoka favorited 'Cloud' Tights 28 Aug 01:20
- Crafterella added 'Cloud' Tights to Courtney Love 18 May 10:19
- Crafterella added 'Cloud' Tights to The Black Swan 20 Apr 20:34
- Bonnie B. added 'Cloud' Tights to Tights/Stockings/Leggings 26 Nov 17:33
- thecrazycat_ReiD added 'Cloud' Tights to projects 25 Nov 10:03
- Dona Monstra favorited 'Cloud' Tights 25 Aug 03:53
Firstly, you need to fully soak your tights, and then wring out all of the water. Make sure they're damp, but not dripping.
Next, get your bleach. I advise pouring some bleach into a plastic cup or something disposable because it's quite tricky to get the bleach on. You also need a toothbrush :)
Use different techniques to apply the bleach to your wet tights. I tried pouring little bits on and letting it run down, flicking the cup over them to create lines and 'vines'. The toothbrush is to dip in the bleach and 'flick' bleach onto the tights. You can do this by holding the toothbrush at the tights and brushing across the bristles with a finger or two to make it... 'flick'?
I even tried dipping my hands in the bleach and scrunching the tights up in my hands. It's really up to you, just have fun.
Run the hose-pipe over the tights, or wash them in the sink, before putting them in the washing machine to ensure that no bleach can react with any other clothes.
Once.. pre-washed, wash again in the washing machine on a normal cycle.