For all Hello Kitty lovers!
I made this for my friend's birthday. She loves Hello Kitty, so I thought, why not make her a necklace from her favorite oddly-proportioned character's bow?
- mmotse03 favorited Clay Hello Kitty Bow Necklace 25 Oct 17:25
- M S. added Clay Hello Kitty Bow Necklace to gifts 10 Oct 09:08
- M S. added Clay Hello Kitty Bow Necklace to accessories 10 Oct 09:08
- nila.lee.121 favorited Clay Hello Kitty Bow Necklace 17 Sep 05:29
- Kat R. favorited Clay Hello Kitty Bow Necklace 24 Jul 02:49
Print out an outline of the Hello Kitty bow. Resize it if you want.
With black modeling clay, roll out thin logs and lay them on top of the pattern mentioned in step 1 so it forms the outline of the bow.
Stick two eye pins into the clay, one in the upper left corner, the other in the upper right corner. Cover any exposed parts of the pins with clay.
Bake the outline according to the directions of the brand.
Roll out red clay so it's nice and flat. Press the baked outline onto the red clay so it leaves an outline. Cut the bow around the outside line so it forms the basic shape of the bow
Press the black outline into the red bow-shape once again, but this time, don't remove the black. Make sure the red covers the entire back of the outline.
Bake the whole bow once again according to instructions.
Using a silver chain (or any type of chain, actually), hook each end of the chain to the eye pins. The eye pins may slip and fall out of the bow, so you can either reinforce with glue or push the pin in deeper.
Paint the bow with glaze using a small brush.