From plain to cute (and I used lingerie in the making!)
I had ordered some skirts through an online wholesaler. They were 40% off, so they only cost about $1.80 per skirt (6 total in the package). The before photo is of the original skirt. It's nice, but plain. I had thrown in some red lingerie in my order because they were only $1.20. I had every intention of making them available via my online clothing store in the underwear section, but when I got them, they were all really big... even the small! So, I decided to start cutting and used parts of the panties in the skirt design. I also incorporated some fabric I got from JoAnn Fabrics last October. At that time the fabric was 50% off, so maybe about $1 of that fabric went into this design. Finally I added some studs that costed about 3 cents. So, all in all, a whopping $4.03 skirt! Can't beat that!
The hardest part was sewing around the pleats. I did a bit of a gather on the bottom layer of fabric to go along with the red nicely. I may still do more to the skirt, but I think it looks pretty good so far!
- Gaia H. favorited Classy Punk Skirt 26 Nov 11:56
- VillainousNinja added Classy Punk Skirt to Goth/Punk 17 Aug 00:10
- VillainousNinja added Classy Punk Skirt to Make plz 24 Jun 03:16
- Ievars favorited Classy Punk Skirt 15 Oct 23:00
- spychohead added Classy Punk Skirt to refashion 11 Oct 18:13
- TheAngelsHaveTheBox favorited Classy Punk Skirt 30 Dec 00:22
- The13thBlackCat favorited Classy Punk Skirt 15 Jun 17:13
- Stitches added Classy Punk Skirt to Punk 30 Jan 01:39
- Emily N. favorited Classy Punk Skirt 18 Oct 04:33
- Zombie Babe added Classy Punk Skirt to new wardrobe 03 Oct 09:51
Niki posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!