If you don’t have leftover mashed potatoes, make some for this dish and save the rest for another use. Prick a medium-sized Idaho or Russet potato all over with a fork and microwave until tender, about 10 minutes. Carefully slice in half and transfer the flesh to a small bowl (snack on the skin). Mash with a potato masher until smooth, and stir in 1 Tbs. of olive oil, ¼ tsp. kosher salt, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Luna D. favorited Classic Shepherd’s Pie 24 Apr 14:34
- Biblionic added Classic Shepherd’s Pie to Cooking 02 Nov 18:19
- Biblionic favorited Classic Shepherd’s Pie 02 Nov 18:19
- Quackers, Vino & Cheese favorited Classic Shepherd’s Pie 02 Jul 15:09
- Suzi T. favorited Classic Shepherd’s Pie 01 Jul 20:34
- Emma H. favorited Classic Shepherd’s Pie 30 Jun 21:22
- Juliet S. favorited Classic Shepherd’s Pie 30 Jun 07:28
- GMC Group published her project Classic Shepherd’s Pie 30 Jun 06:00
In a small bowl, mix together the ground beef, onions, carrots, mustard, rosemary, and salt. Pour into a 16-oz. mug. Place the mashed potatoes on top, pressing them down. Sprinkle with the cheese.
Cover and microwave until warm and the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.