Miisa Mink ‘The Nordic Bakery Cookbook’ by Ryland, Peters, Small
Recipe (makes 12-13 buns)
- Sveta favorited Classic Cinnamon Buns 19 Jan 07:00
- kzk favorited Classic Cinnamon Buns 28 Nov 17:38
- alexandra.wood.148 favorited Classic Cinnamon Buns 16 May 00:44
- MerBear93 favorited Classic Cinnamon Buns 07 Apr 02:55
- Penny F. added Classic Cinnamon Buns to Baking 05 Apr 16:46
- camilaustral favorited Classic Cinnamon Buns 03 Apr 19:17
- Nichole V. favorited Classic Cinnamon Buns 03 Apr 00:12
- Crafterella featured Classic Cinnamon Buns 01 Apr 22:00
- The Makeup Honey added Classic Cinnamon Buns to Sweet Treats 23 Mar 19:22
- Ciel_Phantomhive13 favorited Classic Cinnamon Buns 03 Mar 03:15
You Will Need
To make the dough, put the milk, sugar, yeast, cardamom, melted butter and egg in a food processor or mixer with a dough hook. With the motor running, gradually add the flour until it is all incorporated and the dough has come together.
Transfer the dough to a bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and leave to prove in a warm place for 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
After 1 hour, punch down the dough and transfer onto a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll it out until it is about 30 x 80cm and 7mm thick.
For the filling, spread the butter evenly over the dough and sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon all over the top.
Roll the dough up from a long side. Cut into roughly 6-cm rolls, but cut them at an angle – so, make the first cut diagonally, then the second cut about 6cm along diagonally in the opposite direction. You should get a roll that looks like a trapezium (or a triangle with the tip chopped off). Carefully transfer the buns to the prepared baking trays, with the longest edge of the bun sitting on the tray, cover with tea towers again and leave to prove in a warm place for 30-60 mins, until almost doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 200C or 400F or Gas 6. Bake the buns in the preheated oven for 20-25min or until golden brown.
To make the glaze, put the sugar, lemon juice and 100ml water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 min, until slightly thickened. The glaze will still be quite watery.
Remove the buns from the oven, transfer onto a wire rack and brush the glaze generously over them. Leave to cool before serving.