Cutting just one piece makes this skirt a fun fraction to wear.
- Key West Witch favorited Circle Skirt 05 May 22:18
- Kellyton K. favorited Circle Skirt 18 Mar 15:01
- Melissa S. added Circle Skirt to Skirts 19 Jan 16:46
- Melissa S. favorited Circle Skirt 19 Jan 16:46
- Imznikki I. added Circle Skirt to Skirts 09 Jun 18:40
- GabriELLE favorited Circle Skirt 04 Nov 03:49
- Allison B. favorited Circle Skirt 30 Jul 11:12
- Elin H. favorited Circle Skirt 04 Jul 17:09
- Loki_Doki favorited Circle Skirt 20 Feb 21:49
- Briny K. added Circle Skirt to to do 25 Jan 10:16
Open two pieces of newspaper and tape them together to make a very large piece.
Next, use your pencil and a tape measure to mark out a quarter circle in dots across one corner of your paper. Use the answer to your sum as the measurement between the corner of the paper, and the marks that make up your curved line.
Cut a piece of elastic the same length as your waist measurement. Attach a safety pin to one end of the elastic, insert it into the waistband opening, and wiggle it around the waistband until it comes out of the other end. Sew the ends of the elastic together. Then sew the opening in your waistband closed, securing the elastic in place.
64 Sew Fab
Chapter 4: Art to Wear 65
Try on your skirt! Look in the mirror. If you would like a shorter skirt, cut off some of the length. Remember that the skirt will become 5⁄8 inch (1.5 cm) shorter when you add a hem.
Create the hem by using a tape measure or ruler to help you fold up and pin about 5⁄8 inch (1.5 cm) of fabric around the bottom of the skirt. Sew the hem by machine or by hand. Congratulations! Give it a whirl.
￼￼￼￼Don’t worry if your fabric bunches up as you sew on a curve. Once you add the elastic it will be hardly noticeable.
How to wear your circle skirt
Y The hem should be above or a little below the knee.
Y The skirt looks cute with flat shoes or even the right pair of sneakers (sports shoes).
Y Try it high-waisted with a wide neutral- colored belt.
Y If you’re feeling ambitious, make a matching skirt for your doll!