Make a cute, compliment-snatching garland!
My mother and friends have been on a bit of a garland-spree recently, and when one of them mentioned paper, I automatically thought of doing this! I think I've seen one before, and loved the idea. Enjoy!
- Terry Ann W. favorited Circle Garland 04 May 19:28
- Second Hand Susie added Circle Garland to Earth Hour Party 26 Jan 00:36
- Monika Gottindottir added Circle Garland to Home 11 Nov 17:55
- Monika Gottindottir favorited Circle Garland 11 Nov 17:55
- Claudia C. favorited Circle Garland 05 Aug 21:57
- silentband favorited Circle Garland 04 Aug 02:02
- Helen G. favorited Circle Garland 19 May 20:27
- Renee M favorited Circle Garland 14 Jan 23:53
- gloria z. favorited Circle Garland 04 Nov 14:07
- Bofoofer added Circle Garland to Decorating 29 Sep 14:09
First, go through your magazine and rip out pages that have color, patterns, etc. Anything you'll want to display in your garland.
Now take one of your magazine pages and place your round cup over it. Cut around it with your x-acto knife.
(I did mine over a carpet. I found that it was easier than cutting over a hard surface or more paper. I also liked the jagged edges it gave the circles. You could also draw around the cup and then use scissors, but I found this more natural and organic, and I liked that.)
Now take two circles and line them up. Feed them through the sewing machine on a straight stitch. Leave a long tail at the beginning and end and sew about 1.5 inches of empty space between each circle pair.
(Don't sweat it if the circles aren't perfectly matched or the stitching isn't right down the middle. It'll look fine, and no one will notice :) )