Keep your neck warm in this chunky knit cowl!
This chunky knit cabled cowl is the perfect quick, one skein project. With a cabled band between a boarder of seed stitch, this cowl is as fun to knit as it is fun to wear. Chunky cables make it easy to wear with any coat; under your heavy winter coat or over a light spring jacket.
Yarns suggested: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick Solids, Twists, Heathers
Yarn weight: Super Bulky (5-6 wpi)
Needle size: US 15 - 10.0 mm
Sizes available: One Size
Seed Stitch, over 5 sts: (WS and RS): K1, P1, K1, P1, K1
Cable1: Sl 4 sts to CN and hold to back, K4, K4 sts from CN. Cable2: Sl 4 sts to CN and hold to front, K4, K4 sts from CN.
- Chunky_Cabled_Cowl_Pattern.pdf 63.6 KB [ Download ]
- Kimya J. favorited Chunky Cabled Cowl 29 Oct 22:02
- Karen D. favorited Chunky Cabled Cowl 10 Jan 02:47
- Len favorited Chunky Cabled Cowl 16 Feb 03:41
- Elizabeth T. added Chunky Cabled Cowl to Random Ideas 08 Jan 21:40
- meaghan369 favorited Chunky Cabled Cowl 07 Dec 21:11
- sai j. favorited Chunky Cabled Cowl 21 Nov 08:46
- amy.murphy.35977 favorited Chunky Cabled Cowl 17 Oct 17:03
- Laura H. favorited Chunky Cabled Cowl 15 Sep 08:44
- IrisMakesStuff favorited Chunky Cabled Cowl 14 Aug 19:57
- artsy2 added Chunky Cabled Cowl to To-make list 11 Aug 21:45
CO 26 sts
Rows 1 and 3 (RS): Work 5 sts in seed st, PM if desired, K16, PM if desired, work 5 sts in seed st.
Rows 2, 4, and 6 (WS): Work 5 sts in seed st, P16, work 5 sts in seed st.
Row 5: Work 5 sts in seed sts, Cable1, Cable2, work 5 sts in seed sts.
Repeat 6 row pattern as established until you have just enough yarn left to BO with, ending with a Row 5. BO all sts.
Seam and weave in any ends. Enjoy your cowl!