S E R V E S 8 – 1 0
Prep time: 20 minutes Setting time: at least 2 hours
You will need a 21cm round loose-bottomed cake tin
Although you can get them all year round, I always used to get (and still do) a Terry’s Chocolate Orange in my stocking and I don’t think I would ever eat one at any other time of the year, as I associate them with Christmas. However, when incorporated into a cheesecake, I’m willing to break the rules. The flavour ofthis cheesecake is mouthwateringly good, it also needs no baking and I really enjoy breaking up the segments and decorating it. One for me, one for the cheesecake...
© 2019 Tanya Burr / Penguin · Reproduced with permission. · Tanya Bakes by Tanya Burr is published by Michael Joseph, £16.99
- Anneke T. favorited Chocolate Orange Cheesecake 13 Feb 10:44
- dalekordancer favorited Chocolate Orange Cheesecake 30 Sep 02:45
- char53lie added Chocolate Orange Cheesecake to Food 29 Aug 18:25
- char53lie favorited Chocolate Orange Cheesecake 29 Aug 18:25
- laura_southpaw added Chocolate Orange Cheesecake to Yummy sweets 23 Jul 16:57
- Sue L. favorited Chocolate Orange Cheesecake 18 Jul 14:12
- Crafterella featured Chocolate Orange Cheesecake 09 Jul 23:00
- Emma H. favorited Chocolate Orange Cheesecake 06 Jul 21:34
- My S. favorited Chocolate Orange Cheesecake 02 Jul 13:09
- Penguin published his project Chocolate Orange Cheesecake 01 Jul 09:00
Crush the biscuits to crumbs. Mix in the melted butter and zest of 1 orange until well combined, then press into the bottom of the tin.
Mix together the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth. Set aside.
Melt the 200g of Chocolate Orange in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water. Once melted, quickly whip the cream in a bowl until it forms soft peaks, then add the melted chocolate and cream cheese mixture. Mix until smooth and well combined.
Pour onto the biscuit base and smooth out. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
When you’re ready to serve, decorate with the remaining Chocolate Orange slices and orange zest.